The Edinburgh Whisky Solstice 2015 hosted by the Whisky Lounge will take place on June 20th from 12-5pm.
Tickets are £30 each.
From their website:
Once again we’ve teamed up with those great guys and gals at The Scotch Malt Whisky Society and we’re gearing up to put on an absolute belter of a day. A real summer celebration of all things whisky, proving once and for all that whisky really can be a drink for all seasons.
As usual we’ll have a whole carnival of whiskies in tow but here is a little taste of what will be on offer at The Edinburgh Whisky Solstice…
Amazing whisky from all over Scotland and the world (and plenty of it) amazing food, a smattering of delicious ale and a light dusting of cocktails all in the stunning surroundings of Edinburgh’s beautiful (and normally private) Queen St Gardens.
Yes indeed this will be a day to remember, oh and did we mention that this year we will be outside? That’s right! Outside! Here’s hoping for good weather.
Here’s what each ticket includes…
- Entry to the Whisky Solstice 12-5pm
- A Glencairn tasting glass
- A bottle of water (for obvious purposes)
- The Festival Guide
- ALL WHISKIES SAMPLED IN THE MAIN AREA (not including ‘under the counter’ drams)
How the festival works…
Simply approach any of the exhibitor stands, ask politely for a dram and you shall receive a tasty glass of whisky (it really is that simple) Every exhibitor should know their whiskies inside out and it’s well worth taking advantage of this knowledge. They’ll be able to answer all and any whisky related questions you may have and will happily explain why their whisky is so damn tasty.
Under the counter drams…
The vast majority of whiskies on show are available to taste within your ticket price.
However, ‘Under the Counter’ Token drams simply allow you access to some of the rare and more exclusive whiskies in the festival. More details to follow.
MASTERCLASSES – To be be announced soon.
For ticket purchases and more info click here.
The folks at Royal Mile Whiskies have posted the ticket sale date for the 2015 Whisky Fringe.
From their website:
7th, 8th & 9th August 2015.
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE WEDNESDAY 27th MAY 2015, AT MIDDAY
Whisky Fringe Tickets will ONLY be on sale through:
Brown Paper Tickets www.brownpapertickets.com
Below are key details plus terms and conditions
- Whisky Fringe 2015 is on Friday 7th, Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th August, 2pm – 6 pm each day (last sample pour at 5.45pm)
- Tickets are NOT available to reserve or buy in advance of the May 27th release date.
- Tickets are not available to purchase through royalmilewhiskies.com, telephone sales or from any of our shops.
- 4 tickets maximum per customer.
- Tickets are non refundable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Tickets will be priced at £30.00 plus booking fee (includes a £10 money off voucher)
- Please note, we strongly recommend you purchase tickets via a desktop or laptop computer rather than with mobile devices.
- At the event, look after your free snifter glass. It’s yours to keep and we will give you a box at the end to carry it, but if you misplace or break it you will be charged if you want a replacement. You have been warned!
- Exhibitors are well within their rights not to serve anyone who is rude, threatening or intoxicated. Event management reserve the right to refuse entry or eject anyone who is out of order. Please drink responsibly – don’t ruin it for everybody else or, more importantly, yourself.
- This event is only available to those of legal drinking age in Scotland (18 years old). We will be checking ID at the event in accordance with the Challenge 25 initiative. If you look young please bring ID.
The popularity of our event means that once again we will undoubtedly be oversubscribed for tickets and unfortunately some people will miss out. We would love to accommodate everybody, but the reality is that this is simply not possible. Part of the success of our event is due to the wonderful venue, there really is nothing comparable to the Mansfield Traquair.
We look forward to seeing you in August. For the most up to date information follow us on Twitter or Facebook